Treatment of patient with severe shortness of breath
Important things to know:
- Assess and treat for bronchospastic and coughing components.
- Assess and treat for fluid overload/edematous components.
- Assess and treat for anxiety.
Hypoxia directed interventions:
- Cooler room temperature, fan use.
- Behavioral measures: Yoga, relaxation techniques, and breathing control.
- Posture position—upright.
- Possible drug treatment: Opiods, Benzodiazepines
- Oxygen supplementation if possible.
- Doctor Name
Version 1. February 1, 2019