Mouth care after treatment
- Check for signs of dryness, ulcers-sores, or bad teeth and for pain spots.
- Avoid very hot, cold and spicy foods.
- Keep the mouth and lips clean and moist and.
- Maintain liquid intake with frequent, small drinks.
- Apply lip balm to dry lips.
- Reduce intake of sugary foods and drinks.
- Teeth should be cleaned with fluoride toothpaste after every meal but at least twice daily.
- Rinse the mouth with dilute salt water (a finger pinch of salt in a glass of water) after eating and at bedtime, or with a half teaspoonful of baking powder (sodium bicarbonate) in a mug of water if there are white patches in the mouth which may be thrush- candida infection. If you see such patches, tell the doctor.
- Doctor Name
Version 1. February 1, 2019